Monday, March 1, 2010

$5 lunch

Since I had to venture out of the office to pick up my March Muni pass, I decided to try a new lunchspot that I've had my eye on for a while, Cafe Algiers. It's a small family-owned sandwich shop on Beale street in SOMA. I saw it a while back on Yelp. It has excellent reviews, so I definitely wanted to check it out. After all the talk this weekend about great sandwiches, I figured it was time. Around 12:30 there was a short line out the door, but it moved fast. I ordered the vegetarian sandwich on ciabatta with pepperjack cheese, and it was monstrous.



Grand total with tax, $5. Now that's a deal. Tons of delicious sandwichness for only $5, Cafe Algiers has been added to my "go to" lunch list.

The SOMA/FiDi lunch scene can get unbearably monotonous. Having to eat lunch in the same four block radius day in and day out is not always appealing. Don't get me wrong there are definitely good eats to be found, but the repetition really wears on me after a while. It was great to try a new place today and to expand the horizons a little further. A gray Monday lunch was a little less dismal thanks to some fresh bread and veggies. Since my sandwich was so cheap, I had cash leftover to feed my ice tea habit at Peet's. Perfect!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: