Sunday, March 14, 2010

Favorite Spots: The Tower at De Young Museum

San Franciso is a beautiful city. There is no shortage of great spots to enjoy amazing views of the city, the ocean, and the surrounding areas. One of my favorites is the Tower at the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. On a clear day the views of the city here are spetacular.

Behind the tightly packed houses and businesses of the Richmond District, you can see the top of the Golden Gate Bridge peeking out from behind the hills of the Presidio (Flat Grace is still enjoying her visit).



Beyond the park and the surrounding neighborhoods, you can see the buildings downtown including the Transamerica Pyramid.


You can see Mt. Sutro and the living roof of the Academy of Sciences.



You can see JFK Drive winding through the park and some of the one million trees that live there.


You can see the ocean, the bay, the Marin headlands, and many of San Francisco's unique neighborhoods. I absolutely love coming here. It reminds me of what a great city I live in, a city so wonderful that people come from all over the world to see it. I get to live here every day, and I love it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: